Koestler parapsychology library
Situated in 7 George Square and open Monday to Friday 9:00-13:00 and 14:00-17:00
The Koestler Parapsychology Library belongs to The Koestler Parapsychology Unit. This small library was originally established with the appointment of Robert Morris to the first Koestler Chair of Parapsychology in 1985. The Koestler Parapsychology Library is now situated within the Psychology & Philosophy Library in the Psychology Building, 7 George Square.
The collection covers various aspects of Parapsychology research with an emphasis on the investigation of the psi hypothesis, the pseudo-psi hypothesis, anomalous experiences including reported experiences and beliefs in the paranormal, and the history of parapsychology.
The library is currently being recatalogued. There is a card catalogue available.
Access to the Library is normally for members of PPLS only.
The PPLS Library has re-opened.
Owing to the nature of our library space and the continued need to make it safe for everyone, the library will be running a more restricted service than usual. Our apologies for this inconvenience.
- The Library will be open on from 9.15am to 4.45pm on weekdays only.
- In line with current Scottish Government guidelines please wear face coverings, use our hand sanitising stations, and use cleaning materials provided to clean desk surfaces and computer accessories.
- Study space does not need to be booked but you must check in to the desk by scanning the SeatEd QR code. To do this download the SeatEd@UoE app. This is for the purposes of the NHS Test and Protect Covid-19 close contact tracing service. When you leave please make sure you check out.
- Books from PPLS Library may be borrowed. Books on the open shelves are standard loan, short loan books are available from the Librarian's office. Please fill out one of the borrowing slips and leave it in the secure box provided in the reading room. Your loan will be entered on your library record later. This measure is to help reduce delays and unnecessary close contact between staff and students.
- Please return books to the 'Returned Books' box outside the library.
- For readers who cannot attend the library in person the University Library offers a Scan and Deliver Service. For other queries Email PPLS Librarian for advice.
During term time
Monday to Friday 9.15am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.45pm
During University vacations the Library is staffed part-time.
Enquiries from outside the University should be directed to the Koestler Parapsychology Unit.