Koestler parapsychology library
Situated in 7 George Square
The Koestler Parapsychology Library belongs to The Koestler Parapsychology Unit. This small library was originally established with the appointment of Robert Morris to the first Koestler Chair of Parapsychology in 1985. The Koestler Parapsychology Library is now situated within the Psychology & Philosophy Library in the Psychology Building, 7 George Square.
The collection covers various aspects of parapsychology research with an emphasis on the investigation of the psi hypothesis, the pseudo-psi hypothesis, anomalous experiences including reported experiences and beliefs in the paranormal, and the history of parapsychology.
Access and opening times
- The library is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- During semester the librarian works
- Tuesdays 9am to 5pm
- Wednesdays 9am to 5pm
- Thursdays 9am to 12.30pm
- The Library is open to all University readers when the librarian is working but to PPLS staff and students only when not staffed using swipe access.
- Different staffing times apply during University vacations.
- Enquiries or requests for books outside staffing hours can be made by filling out the simple form below. Your enquiry will be answered promptly when the librarian is next working. External readers should email the librarian directly PPLS Librarian
Enquiries from outside the University should be directed to the Koestler Parapsychology Unit.