This programme allows you to enhance your career prospects while continuing your employment.
Our Certificate, Diploma and Masters courses are designed to improve your prospects in the rapidly growing field of clinical trials research. Equipped with a qualification in leading clinical trials, our graduates have found excellent opportunities in academia, the public and non-profit health sectors and industry including pharmaceutical and biotech companies and contract research organisations (CROs).
If you have general or specialist experience and wish to broaden your role in the design, management, analysis and reporting of clinical trials, our programme will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to progress further.
A specialised qualification such as this will demonstrate to employers your commitment to continual professional development and will ensure a competitive edge when applying for future positions.
Roles exist in a variety of areas including:
- Clinical research – trial managers, administrators, clinical research associates
- Quality Assurance and Control – trial monitors, QA managers, pharmacovigilance
- Data management – data managers, biostatistics and programming
- Regulatory affairs - global regulatory lead, information management associate, executive roles
- Medical affairs – Chief and Principal Investigators, medical liaison, medical communications and writing
- Product development – medical devices
The Careers Service aims to inspire and empower every University of Edinburgh student to be the best they can be, to fully develop their potential and to achieve satisfying and rewarding futures.
It offers careers information, education, advice and guidance through a range of online provision, activities and 1:1 support to:
matriculated students of the University of Edinburgh
graduates of the University of Edinburgh (access to vacancies and 1:1 support for two years after graduation)