Flexible online study - human, animal and ecosystem health
The University of Edinburgh's College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine offers the next best step in your future career development. Our flexible online learning programmes will enable you to obtain a high quality degree which is exactly identical to that of an on-campus qualification - the only difference being that the course is delivered completely online to better suit your individual needs.
This means that wherever you are in the world, you can achieve a distinguished academic degree from the University of Edinburgh without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
Furthermore, our online masters have been designed to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Our graduates are already having a noticeable impact around the world.
Open up your future with an online masters
- Video: Global and Public Health Video
- Global and Public Health landing page video featuring online students from the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
Why study with us?
- Flexibility: Our programmes are delivered part-time. Depending on your needs and level of commitment, you can choose to take a masters, or a shorter degree such as a PG Diploma or a PG Certificate. Shorter courses lasting around 5-10 weeks are also available. All our programmes are part-time. Learn more about our flexible study options.
- Prestige and reputation: The University of Edinburgh enjoys a global reputation as one of the world's best research universities. We are currently ranked 1st in the UK for Veterinary Medicine for the 4th year running, and 3rd in the UK for Medicine (The Guardian Best UK Universities Guide 2021).
- Supportive learning environment: You will be supported by a team of experts, interactive learning platforms and a global community of learners.
- Learn from the best: Our programmes are led by experts in their fields, who are active researchers as well as practitioners. Our programmes are constantly evolving to reflect developments in research and practice.
"It has provided me with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue further research opportunities."
"The MSc has provided me with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue further research opportunities. It also resulted in two publications in a high impact journal and the offer of a position in a major research project."
Lyndsay, MSc Primary Care Ophthalmology
QS World University Rankings 2022
The University of Edinburgh is now ranked 16th in the world, according to the latest QS World University Rankings.
We are also 3rd in the world for Veterinary Medicine and 21st in the world for Medicine. View the full list of results using the link below.
Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) Results 2021
The College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine has once again performed extremely well in the annual PTES results.
CMVM earned a 91% overall satisfaction rate, which is higher than the 79% UK average.
Online Masters in Medicine and Health
"I am grateful for the opportunity to study when, where and how I can."
"What I like best about the programme is its flexibility and accessibility. With my unpredictable work schedule, I am grateful for the opportunity to study when, where and how I can."
Kristna, MSc Clinical Education
Chat to current students
You can chat to some of our current online students using the Unibuddy app below.
Feel free to ask them questions about the programme and find out if an online degree is the right thing for you.
Online Masters in Global and Public Health
Online Masters in Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Online Masters in Food and Agriculture
- Video: Day in the life of an online student
- Kirsten from our MSc Equine Science reveals what an average day looks like for her.
Find out what an average day in the life of one of our online students looks like.
Meet the Team
Find out more about some of the staff behind our online programmes by clicking on the links below.
For more Q&As, tutor profiles and staff news, visit our Postgraduate Life blog.