Flexible online study - human, animal and ecosystem health
The University of Edinburgh's College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine offers the next best step in your future career development. Our flexible online learning programmes will enable you to obtain a high quality degree which is exactly identical to that of an on-campus qualification - the only difference being that the course is delivered completely online to better suit your individual needs.
This means that wherever you are in the world, you can achieve a distinguished academic degree from the University of Edinburgh without having to leave the comfort of your own home. Scroll down for a full list of our world-renowned degree programmes and find the course that best suits you.
- Video: Global and Public Health Video
- Global and Public Health landing page video featuring online students from the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
Why study with us?
- Flexibility: Our programmes are delivered part-time. Depending on your needs and level of commitment, you can choose to take a masters, or a shorter degree such as a PG Diploma or a PG Certificate. Shorter courses lasting around 5-10 weeks are also available. All our programmes are part-time. Learn more about our flexible study options.
- Prestige and reputation: The University of Edinburgh enjoys a global reputation as one of the world's best research universities. We are currently ranked 1st in the UK for Veterinary Medicine for the 4th year running, and 3rd in the UK for Medicine (The Guardian Best UK Universities Guide 2021).
- Supportive learning environment: You will be supported by a team of experts, interactive learning platforms and a global community of learners.
- Learn from the best: Our programmes are led by experts in their fields, who are active researchers as well as practitioners. Our programmes are constantly evolving to reflect developments in research and practice.
"It has provided me with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue further research opportunities."
"The MSc has provided me with the knowledge, skills and confidence to pursue further research opportunities. It also resulted in two publications in a high impact journal and the offer of a position in a major research project."
Lyndsay, MSc Primary Care Ophthalmology
Online degrees for science, healthcare and veterinary practitioners
- Video: Day in the life of an online student
- Kirsten from our MSc Equine Science reveals what an average day looks like for her.
Find out what an average day in the life of one of our online students looks like.
Online degrees for healthcare practitioners and graduates only
Online degrees for dental practitioners only
Online veterinary practitioners only
"I am grateful for the opportunity to study when, where and how I can."
"What I like best about the programme is its flexibility and accessibility. With my unpredictable work schedule, I am grateful for the opportunity to study when, where and how I can."
Kristna, MSc Clinical Education