The Research Data Support team can provide personalised assistance finding datasets.
The team are here to help you to:
- find data freely available on the internet or through University of Edinburgh subscriptions, or to purchase datasets;
- direct you to subject specialists and resources;
- get started with advice on your specific data needs. We can match your research topic to data resources including surveys, censuses, mapping and databases;
- apply for access to and acquire data from national and international data services;
- make sense of dataset documentation;
- make decisions about sharing your data such as: documenting, versioning, anonymising, licensing, formatting, citing and preserving data, including choosing an appropriate repository; and
- analyse and visualise microdata online, and download user-defined subsets of data which can be analysed using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS and Stata.
||Contact the Research Data Support team using the 'Contact us' button.