Read & Publish journal list
The Library on behalf of the University has signed up to a number of "Read and Publish" deals with publishers.
All corresponding authors from the University of Edinburgh can publish open access in the following journals for no extra cost. You can browse the list of journals by title, e-ISSN, or by publisher.
To qualify for any of the deals below, you must:
- be a current University staff member or registered student.
- be a corresponding author (ie. the author completing the online publisher forms).
- use your University email address (@ed.ac.uk) when submitting articles to the journal (so that publishers can identify you as UOE-affiliated).
- check the article type is covered by the deal (more detail on the terms of each deal can be found below).
Please be aware that the deals do not cover visiting, honorary or emeritus researchers because of licensing terms imposed by the national agreements.
Update: January 2024
We are aware of an intermittent fault where the journals data table doesn't immediately load. If this happens you can access the Read & Publish database directly here via this link:
For further information about any of our publisher deals, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Floor F East, Argyle House
3 Lady Lawson Street
- Post Code
- EH3 9DR
You can book a one-to one video consultation with an expert from our team. If you want to find out more about open access (journals, funding, policies etc ), Copyright & Intellectual Property, General publishing activities (request an ISBN or DOI), or research metrics (using Web Of Science or Scopus) please contact our team via email to book a session at a time that suits you.