In some cases there is a need for students enrolled in more than one course instance in EUCLID to be able to use the same course inside Learn. We have created a shared course feed to allow for this.
For example, staff may wish to request a shared course:
- where EUCLID has separate delivery instances for local and visiting undergraduates but the course taken by each group is the same.
- where you wish to give students on several different courses access to a shared Learn course for common documents and discussions, e.g. all students on the same year of a programme.
You may choose to use only the shared (target) course, as in the first example above, or give students access to both the source course and a new shared (target) course. You do this inside EUCLID by selecting whether or not the source courses are enabled for Learn.
You must first ensure the Target course (i.e. the one the students see) exists in Learn.
Once the shared course is set up, you will have to manually add any staff enrolments from Source courses. This is because the automated feed only draws in student enrolments.
Target and Source Courses
The Target Course is the one that students from several EUCLID courses will share.
The Source course(s) are the EUCLID courses from which we draw the student enrolments. You can have as many source courses as you require.
Where is it a EUCLID course, select “Learn enabled” for the required instance in EUCLID, and then enter the full course code in the target course box on the form below.
If it is a new shared non-EUCLID course (e.g. programme or year-level) you need to request that the course is created by using the checkbox on the form below.
Request a shared course arrangement
You can also use these forms to change source course instances for existing shared courses.
Please read the information above carefully before completing your request.
If you have only one shared course to request, please use the form link below.
Shared Course Checklist
Before submitting your shared course requests please ensure you have checked the following information is correct. Once a shared course request has been processed it can be complex to reset the enrolments if information has been passed to us with errors.
- Please make sure your target course exists - if it is a EUCLID course you can use the "Learn Enabled" setting in EUCLID. There is an option to request a new manual course from the webform if a new course is required
- Include reference to the academic session that the courses are referring to. The full course code that you can find in Learn includes this information in the courseID. You can find your course ID from your course management menu under: Customisation > Properties
- Please check the availability of your target and source courses in Learn to ensure they are behaving as you would expect
Multiple shared course requests
If you wish to request multiple shared course arrangements, please download the spreadsheet below, complete it with all of the information requested, and email it into email@example.com with the subject line “Multiple shared course request”.
Removing a Shared Course Arrangement
In the event of a course no longer requiring the shared course arrangement to feed student enrolments it can be disabled. You can request a shared course is disabled using the Shared Course Request Form and indicating that the arrangement is to be disabled in the action drop-down selection. You can also send a request to the IS Helpline.