Configure macOS for secure WiFi access
The following instructions will enable you to connect your Apple macOS device to eduroam, the secure WiFi network.
- Click on the WiFi signal icon at the top-right of your Mac's screen.
- Select "eduroam".
- Mode: Leave this set to 'Automatic'.
- User Name: Enter your username with @ed.ac.uk at the end, e.g. "email@example.com".
- Password: Enter the password associated with this account.
- Ensure "Remember this network" is ticked.
- Click "Join".
- Click "Connect".
- You may be asked to trust a certificate issued by GEANT OV RSA CA 4 the first time you connect. You should tick the box to always trust the certificate.
Your device should now connect automatically to the eduroam WiFi network whenever it is range.