New Staff Meet-Up Sessions
Human Resources (HR) and the Institute for Academic Development (IAD) are running ‘New Staff Meet-Up’ sessions for staff who have recently joined the University.
Having the opportunity to meet different colleagues and exchange knowledge and skills, can be a valuable part of starting in a role. From feedback received, new staff value meeting others, creating networks and potential collaborations. The focus of the ‘New Staff Meet-Up’ session is to facilitate these exchanges.
As part of the session, colleagues in different roles will give ‘Lightning Talks’ on their experiences of working at the University. HR, IAD and other departments will also introduce new staff to the existing professional development support available.
The format of the sessions will include:
- Lightning Talks - hearing from different Edinburgh colleagues on both their experiences and development support available
- Overview of existing support at the University for new staff
- Time to network and meet other new staff
The events are being run from October 2022 to March 2023, and are free to all new staff across the University.
The sessions will be delivered as a mixture of in person and online, providing you with the choice of the date and preferred attendance option. Please note, the same content will be delivered in each session.
The ‘New Staff Meet-Up’ sessions are being piloted, and we are running one each month to gauge interest. Please do register for the sessions you are interested in, even if they are full as there may be cancellations. It will also be useful for HR and IAD to see the interest in these events, and if the pilot should be extended.
|New dates will be added for April 2023 onwards soon.|
|(For the In Person events, early booking is recommended as places are limited)|
You can also access the above workshops on People and Money as follows:
- Log in to People & Money
- From your People & Money home page, click the Learning tile to open the Learning app.
- Type ‘New Staff Meet-Up’ into the search bar at the top of the screen and press Enter. Select the course and then scroll down to Available offerings and enrol on the date you wish to attend.