Human Resources

International staff coming to work in the UK

There are a number of things you need to consider and do to obtain your visa and when you arrive in the UK. Following the UK leaving the EU, a new immigration system was introduced from 1 January 2021. This applies to EEA/Swiss and non-EEA nationals who entered the UK on/after 1 January 2021.

Securing your visa

These pages provide information to assist you in applying for a visa e.g. Global Talent visa or a sponsored Skilled Worker or Temporary Worker Sponsored Researcher visa.

Receiving your visa and what to do next

This section provides information on your visa documentation and arriving in the UK.

National Insurance number (NI number)

All staff employed in the UK, whether UK, European or international citizens, need a NI number. This section provides information on how to get one.