Applying for PGPEP
Details on how to apply.
You need to complete our online application form. As part of the application process, you may be required to email us electronic copies of the documents outlined below – please only provide us with the documentation requested and make sure you have these ready before you start your application.
- Please ensure you complete the form fully and accurately. Incorrect or missing data may result in the application being declined.
- Please do not send any documentation by email attachment unless specifically requested to do so.
Please note: Students are expected to attend from the first day of the course. Students unable to attend from the first day may be denied entry to the course.
View our Booking Terms and Conditions here >
Before applying for the PGPEP programme, make sure you have the following ready:
1. Your passport number (your passport must be valid for the period you intend to study). Please complete the appropriate section on the application form. There is no need to send us a copy of this.
2. A valid, internationally recognised English language certificate (please send a copy of this certificate as part of your application to email@example.com). Please note your English language qualification must be no more than two years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study. If your language certificate is an IELTS certificate there is no need to provide us with the certificate you just need to complete the TRF (Test Report Form Number) section on the application form. Please see the FAQs section for a full list of English language tests we can accept:
3. Your University of Edinburgh student number (UUN) if you have previously applied to the University of Edinburgh.
Sponsored students will also need:
- We will require an official letter confirming that you are eligible for sponsorship and that your sponsorship covers your English language studies (a copy of this letter must be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org as part of your application) otherwise we will not be able to process your application.
Applications from agents:
- Please note that we can only accept applications from agents who have a current agency agreement with COL and who have completed the relevant agency sections on the application form. If the agency information is not completed on the form when submitted the application will be considered a direct student application and no commission will be payable.
- Semester 1 and 2 (full year) application deadline: Monday 21 August, 5pm (BST)
- Semester 2 only application deadline: Monday 13 November, 5pm (GMT)
We endeavour to process your application as quickly as possible.
Make sure you check your email regularly for communications from us. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (UK time) and we will communicate with you within the following timescales:
1. Application Acknowledgement
- Following your application submission, you will receive an automated email confirming we have successfully received it.
2. Application Outcome and Pre-Payment Deposit
- It may take us up to 3 working days to check your application following submission. We will email you to confirm the outcome.
- If we require additional information or documents from you, we will let you know and provide instructions on how to send it to us.
- If we can offer you a place on PGPEP, we will request a deposit to secure your booking and will provide a payment link. The deposit will be 25% of the course fee, and must be paid within 24 hours of us requesting it.
3. Final Payment and Booking Confirmation
- Once we receive your deposit, we will email you a booking confirmation within 3 working days. An invoice requesting payment of the final balance will be issued at the end of June for students doing the full year programme, or at the end of October for students doing the semester 2 only programme. When you receive the invoice, you must pay the outstanding balance within 30 days.
Ready to apply?