EIDF Phase 1: core elements
Working with a number of key stakeholders and early adopters, EPCC is putting together the core elements of EIDF, including building its new home at our Advanced Computing Facility (ACF).
Phase 1: Facility. EIDF will be housed in Computer Room 4 at the ACF, which is due for completion June 2020. This will be a high-resilience computer room with enhanced power and network.
Phase 1: Storage. Currently with a 10 PB disk capacity split approximately equally between the safe haven and non-safe haven sides, this will rise to 12 PB by July 2020.
Phase 1: Compute. A small slice of cloud with around 120 virtual machines plus 20 NVIDIA V100 GPUs and access to the Cirrus HPC service.
Phase 1: Early adopters. As well as internal development work, we are working with a number of stakeholders to help shape the service:
- The iCAIRD digital pathology archive
- The National Collection of Aerial Photography
- Health Data Research-UK
- The Administrative Data Research Partnership
- The Paracrawl Internet Archive project
- Albyn Housing Society
- The NHS Scotland National Safe Haven
- Scottish Government
- Regional Local Authorities
- The Festival Fringe
- Global Open Finance Centre of Excellence
- CityScope open data learning environment
- The Data Loch
Rob Baxter, EIDF Programme Manager
August 2019 Image: @kellysikkema/unsplash