Aims & learning outcomes
To disseminate medical image analysis knowledge, skills & understanding. Thus enabling effective & efficient medical image analysis use both clinically and commercially.
Aims of our flexible, intermittent, part-time, online distance learning (ODL) programme:
- To provide an understanding of medical image analysis theory, techniques, analysis & applications.
- To develop research planning & designing skills, incorporating medical image analysis.
- To enable interpretation & analysis of relevant medical image analysis data.
- To relate medical image analysis research to clinical applications
Learning outcomes for students who complete the full Certificate (Cert) programme:
- Demonstrate subject specific knowledge & understanding in theoretical & practical aspects of medical image analysis & processing.
- Develop specialised skills & a critical understanding of advanced principles of image analysis & processing, using the MATLAB platform.
- Gain critical insight into challenges underpinning image analysis, including image enhancement & compensating for artefacts.
- Develop specialised skills to interpret medical images critically & to communicate the findings to a range of audiences.
- Appraise various machine learning architectures & algorithms used in image segmentation, clustering & classification.