Bruce started in the University Website Programme in March 2013 as Product Owner of the project to build a new Content Management System for the University website. He continues to work in this role for the future development of our CMS EdWeb.
Previously he worked for 8 years as an Assistive Technology Advisor for the Student Disability Service at the University. This involved supporting disabled students and their use of assistive technology, such as voice recognition software, dysability-specific software, screen readers, screen magnification, voice recorders, laptops and mobile phones. This has led to Bruce being an expert in web and software accessibility.
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Provide effective project management and business analysis services for the continued development of the CMS software to deliver the University website
- Work closely with colleagues on projects to deliver functionality that supports the long-term vision of the University’s online presence
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of University business needs to ensure they are effectively met through appropriate use of new technology
- Represent the Website Programme and the University in appropriate internal and external groups
- Project management
- Agile project methodology including the role of Product Owner
- Accessibility, especially web accessibility
- Convenor of University Website Change Advisory Board
- Convenor of University Website Technical Peer Group
- Member of Technology and Information Committee (sub-group of University Disability Committee)
Change Advisory Board
Technical Peer Group