Billy is responsible for providing technical expertise, development and support for current operations, including the EdWeb CMS and related services.
Before joining the website programme, Billy started his Technical Career at the Northern Lighthouse Board as a support assistant. As the department grew very quickly, Billy became the Technial Systems Manager.
Billy then went on to start his own website business called Fresheverything in 2003. After 10 years, Billy sold his business and took on a Developers role in the Sugar Refinery in 2013. Split between both management and a Senior Development role, this allowed Billy to build on his programming skills before joining the University Website Programme team in July 2014.
- BSc Information Systems
- Expert in Drupal 7 Developers course
Drupal 7 Developer course information
Responsibilities & affiliations
- Designing, Theming, Site Building and module development for web sites, applications and APIs using Drupal
- Enhancing current systems using PHP, Python, Bootstrap, HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Developing new solutions and bug fixing in the central website
- Support and development at EdWeb Code Sprint days
EdWeb Code Sprints
- 2nd line support for the central website including bug fixing and best practice
- Advice on developing websites in our Drupal distribution
- Day-to-day management of the Website Programme Technical Team
- Drupal Development / Support
- PHP (OOP and Frameworks)
- API Development
- System Design and Development
- Agile Project Development
- CMS Design / Development
- HTML / CSS / LESS / SASS