Mr Brian Mather
Brian is a key member of the Digital Education Unit at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Medicine. He is responsible for eLearning development and guidance for all Online Postgraduate Programmes. He has worked in online education since 2009 previously with the University of the Highlands and Islands and now well and truly establishing his place in at the University of Edinburgh.
Prior to his move into education Brian was an exhibition designer, a furniture designer, graphic designer and web designer. Developing a unique blend of skills harnessed to create engaging and innovative learning materials for students.
Recent projects include:
- DYNAMED Student Led Creation of a Dynamic Media Library
- Google Glass as a teaching aid for clinical skills training
- 3D Printing for anatomy teaching and spacial ability
- Augmented Reality to supplement printed teaching materials.
- Virtual Reality simulations
- Game based learning
- Digital Environments for Online Students