The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies Bicentenary

University services

The University provides a number of support services for students across its campuses.

Old College quad

The Student Counselling Service

Sometimes, things can become difficult while at University and for that reason, we have a counsellor on campus every Wednesday during semester time.

The Student Counselling Service is here to help students make the most of their time at University. This is a confidential service.

Counselling provides an opportunity to talk about any emotional or psychological problems you may be experiencing. The counsellor will not tell you what to do but will explore with you the difficulties that you are experiencing.

The Student Disability Service

The University Student Disability Service is a service which supports disabled students. Their main focus is providing advice and support.

They support students with dyslexia, mental health issues and students on the autistic spectrum, as well as those who have physical and sensory impairments.

They also continue to work to improve access in the widest sense possible.

As part of this provision, we have a Mental Health Mentor on campus, every Monday during semester time. The Mental Health Mentor is able to provide emotional and academic support to students who experience persistent mental health conditions.

The Advice Place

The Advice Place, run by your Students Association (Edinburgh University Students Association), operates a drop-in centre where you can pop in to speak to an adviser about anything ranging from accommodation issues to queries about finances. The Advice Place is an impartial and confidential service.