The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies

Seeing Practice

We have a limited amount of places available for Undergraduate Veterinary Medicine Students from external Universities to see practice in our Small and Large Animal Hospitals.

Unfortunately we are not able to offer any seeing practice places during 2022.  We will review the situation in late 2022.

In order to be eligible to apply for one of these placements you must fall into the following categories:

• You must be an Undergraduate Student Studying Veterinary Medicine

• You must be in your Final Clinical Year of Study

• You must be studying at an AVMA, RCVS or EAEVE accredited Vet School

If you believe you are eligible to apply for a placement, please submit your request via email to

You must inform us of the dates you are available, enclose your Curriculum Vitae, and a letter of recommendation from your University on letter headed paper.


Erasmus students are only able to attend if there is a formal agreement set up. Currently this is only set up with Oslo and Toulouse.


We regret that we are unable to offer work experience placements to Veterinary Nurse Trainees and school pupils.

We recommend that you use the RCVS practice finder to find a suitable practice in your area: