The aim of the CertAVP is to create a consistent yet flexible framework for postgraduate qualifications, aimed at the competent veterinary practitioner.
The programme aims to enable students to:
- continue to advance their knowledge and understanding, and to develop new skills to a high level
- deal with complex issues in an organised and creative manner, make sound judgements in the absence of complete data, and communicate their conclusions clearly to veterinary colleagues and to non-veterinary audiences, including clients
- demonstrate self direction and originality in tackling and solving problems, and act autonomously in planning and implementing tasks in their professional area of work
- evaluate critically current literature and research in their professional area and evaluate clinical methodologies and techniques, and develop critiques of them and, where appropriate to propose new approaches to professional practice
- interpret and communicate scientific results and information (in research and other forms of social debate) across other related scientific disciplines and to other stakeholders