Testimonials and publications from past and current students.
I thoroughly enjoyed studying for this degree and connecting with other veterinarians and experts working in conservation all over the world. Furthermore, the knowledge, skills and confidence that I gained were instrumental in moving from small animal practice into a conservation medicine role and transforming my career.
The best, most interesting, most effective CPD ever!!
A fantastic opportunity to learn from and share experiences with a variety of tutors and fellow students from all over the world.
There is no other course of study that I know of where veterinarians, from all over the world, can discuss important issues related to conservation without leaving their homes. It has helped me to engage government officials to influence their decisions related to important conservation topics as well as influencing the public to consider conservation as a priority.
Gave me a new perspective on what a veterinarian can achieve in conservation.
The range of assessed assignments increased my confidence in critiquing research papers, peer-viewing articles, producing presentations and developing protocols for veterinary procedures for conservation medicine purposes, such as the chemical immobilization of free-ranging wildlife species.
The lecturers were very friendly and accessible and I felt as if I was connected to the university and the year group much more than I thought would be possible for an online programme. Using the skills I learned from the course and the multi-disciplinary approach promoted by the course, I was able to write a proposal for a conservation project than won an award and I am now implementing that project.
- Video: Conservation Medicine Graduates 2015
- Graduates from the University of Edinburgh's online MVetSci/Dip/Cert in Conservation Medicine share their experiences of the programme.
- Video: Conservation Medicine - Graduation 2016
- Graduates from MVetSci in Conservation Medicine at the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at The University of Edinburgh talk about their experience of studying online.
- Video: Conservation Medicine Student Testimonial: Caroline Asiimwe
- Caroline is able to implement what she learnt during her online Masters in her daily work at Budongo Conservation Field Centre in Uganda
- Video: Conservation Medicine Student Testimonial: Laura Wessman
- Laura, from Finland, lives in Kenya and studies the online MVetSci in Conservation Medicine
- Video: Conservation Medicine Student Testimonial: Ruth Omani
- Ruth talks about how studying Conservation Medicine online whilst working as a vet in Kenya.
- Video: Conservation Medicine Student Testimonial: Nidhi Rajput
- Nidhi, a wildlife vet from India, has found that studying the MVetSci in Conservation Medicine has helped her redesign her strategies so they work better for the animals in her country. Nidhi is a recipient of a scholarship from the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. This interview was filmed at the Global Health Academy One Health Summer School, which took place at the University of Rwanda in August 2019.
- Video: Vet School PG Graduation 2019_FionaGreko
- 2019 Graduation