Written reflective element
The written reflective element is an assignment of 10-15,000 words.
In order to progress to the final level to attain the Masters (written reflective element), students have to:
- pass at least 80 credits with a mark of at least 50% in each of the courses which make up these credits and no mark <40% for any course
- attain a minimum average mark of 50% for the 120 credits
The written reflective element (10-15,000 words) will take the form of one of the following:
- A written dissertation (current or historical).
- A casebook (relating to relevant professional experience.
- A personal portfolio of reflective and practical activity.
- A short research project.
Students will be expected to submit a proposal which demonstrates an appropriate level of critical analysis, academic knowledge and reflection, or veterinary practice depending on the choice made, prior to being admitted to the Masters year.
Irrespective of which option is chosen the written reflective element is an assignment of 10-15,000 words. The University of Edinburgh’s common marking scheme will be used.