Easter Bush Campus retains Investors in Young People – Silver Award.
The School is delighted that the Easter Bush Campus has retained our ‘Investors in Young People – Silver Award.’
The School is delighted that the Easter Bush Campus has retained our ‘Investors in Young People – Silver Award.’ This award demonstrates our continued commitment to providing opportunities and experience to local youth within our community.
The Award contains 24 themes and all of these must be met at the Developed level for the award to be achieved.
As part of the assessment the external assessor spoke to 26 people in groups and individually; including staff, postgraduates, apprentices and students and feedback was noted.
- A clear strategy of how young people contribute to the success of the Dick Vet is in place, including the launch of the Easter Bush Science Outreach Centre and role of STEM ambassadors.
- Close links with third parties to support young people; Links to Educational Trusts and Councils notes, alongside the developing Foundation Apprenticeship placement scheme.
- Strong culture of learning with a variety of structured learning and development programmes available.
- Effective training in place, approachable and supportive management structure.
- A sense of pride and community spirit across the Campus.
This is a wonderful achievement. I would like to pass on my gratitude to Jeni Temperley and Jane Weaver for their support in preparing the documentation and undertaking the organisation for this year’s Accreditation Process, alongside the Career Development Committee for Professional Services and the Campus Public Engagement Group for undertaking a wide range of activities which fed into this accreditation.