New 'Teaching Matters' website launched
The University has launched a new website, Teaching Matters, to showcase successes in learning and teaching and share ideas and approaches to teaching.
The Teaching Matters website has been created to allow ideas and approaches to teaching to be shared, as well as showcasing the successes of the University. It has come about after months of discussion in the Schools and Colleges which has been aimed to give sharper focus to our learning and teaching priority.
One thing which came out of the discussions was a feeling that not enough was being done to publicly show how important teaching was to the University and this website is one of several responses. With monthly focusses on themes relating to teaching, it will hopefully be a useful resource, as well as being informative.
The School is pleased to be the first monthly focus on the site, with highlights looking at five different areas:
- The new Undergraduate Certificate in Veterinary Medical Education.
- A major international collaboration on employability.
- A look at an innovative training programme carried out with the Edinburgh Dental Institute.
- Information on Dr Catriona Bell, who has recently become a Principal's Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- A scheme to improve hand washing ability using technology.
With many more features already on-line and a catalogue of events and resources, the website looks to be a major resource and another asset to teaching in the University.