FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on the Application Process
- I am an International student who has been studying in the UK for the past 4 years, am I eligible to apply to the programme?
The MRC funded Doctoral Training Programme in Precision Medicine is only open to UK/EU applicants. Applicants must be a UK or EU national, with no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK, and have been living in the UK/EU for the three years prior to the start of the programme. Further information on eligibility requirements is available here. If you are unsure if you meet the eligibility requirements we would recommend that you apply and we can double check eligibility from the information provided in your application.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
Yes, the deadline will be advertised on our website and the Degree Finder.
- Do I need to submit a research proposal with my application?
No. You need to apply to a particular project. Please include details of the project you are interested in, in Section 4 of the application form.
- Can I apply for multiple projects?
You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects. Please submit a separate application for each project.
- Can I contact the supervisor to discuss the project prior to application?
Yes, we encourage all applicants to email the lead supervisor prior to application to discuss their suitability.
- What does the studentship cover?
Successful applicants will receive a fully funded studentship covering tuition fees, stipend [at least £15,009 per annum], an annual Research Training Support Grant of £5000 and an annual Travel Grant of £300.