Details of our live PhD projects, application guidance and eligibility criteria.
APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019 ENTRY NOW OPEN!
Up to 26 studentships per year over five academic years will be awarded across the University of Edinburgh and University of Glasgow, beginning in 2016/17 and continuing until session 2020/21. These studentship awards will provide full tuition fee and stipend funding for high quality Home/EU applicants.
The full list of available projects can be found here.
- Before making an application, please contact the primary supervisor to discuss the project.
- Applications for all projects must be submitted via the University of Edinburgh's Degree Finder.
- Applicants must apply to a specific project. Please ensure that you include details of the project that you are applying to in Section 4 of your application. Details should be included in the Research Proposal section of the application.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects. Please submit a separate application for each project.
- You are not required to submit a research proposal as part of your application.
- Please include a CV with your application.
Qualifications criteria: Applicants applying for a MRC DTP in Precision Medicine studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a first or upper second class UK honours degree or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology.
Residence criteria: Please note that this programme can only accept applications from the United Kingdom and the European Union.
The MRC DTP in Precision Medicine grant provides funding for tuition fees and stipend for UK and EU nationals that meet all the required eligibility criteria.
Full qualifications and residence eligibility details are available here: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/skills-careers/studentships/studentship-guidance/student-eligibility-requirements/