FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions on the Application Process
- I am an International student, am I eligible to apply to the programme?
Yes, the MRC funded Doctoral Training Programme in Precision Medicine is open to international applicants.
To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Be a UK National (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have settled status, or
• Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirements), or
• Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
All other candidates will be classed as an International student.
- Is there a deadline for applications?
Yes, the deadline will be advertised on our website and the Degree Finder.
- Do I need to submit a research proposal with my application?
No. You need to apply to a particular project. Please include details of the project you are interested in, in the programme section of the application form.
- Can I apply for multiple projects?
You can apply for a maximum of 3 projects. Please submit a separate application for each project.
- Can I contact the supervisor to discuss the project prior to application?
Yes, we encourage all applicants to email the lead supervisor prior to application to discuss their suitability.
- What does the studentship cover?
Successful applicants will receive a fully funded studentship covering tuition fees, stipend [at least £17,668 per annum], an annual Research Training Support Grant of £5000 and an annual Travel Grant of £300.