Highly Cited Researchers
Congratulations to 6 Usher Institute Professors listed on the 2018 Highly Cited Researchers list.
The Clarivate Analytics list of Highly Cited Researchers for 2018 has been announced this week. This is an annual list recognizing influential researchers in the sciences and social sciences from around the world.
The list focuses on contemporary research achievement: only highly cited papers in science and social sciences journals indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection during the 11-year period 2006-2016 were surveyed. Highly cited papers are defined as those that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year.
Usher Institute Highly Cited Researchers
Of the 36 researchers from the University of Edinburgh who appear on the 2018 High Cited Researchers list, 6 are from the Usher Institute.
- Professor Harry Campbell - Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Professor Gerry Fowkes (Emeritus) - Clinical Medicine
- Professor Andrew Morris - Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Professor Igor Rudan - Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Professor Aziz Sheikh - Cross-Field
- Professor Jim Wilson - Molecular Biology & Genetics