Global Health Symposium and Annual Lecture 2018
Professor Chris Whitty CB FMedSci delivered an outstanding, inspirational lecture, preceded by a showcase of work in Global Health from across the Usher Institute.
A sell-out event, over 200 people attended to hear from leaders of programmes in global health across the Usher Institute and our excellent lecturer this year – Professor Chris Whitty CB FMedSci.
Professor Whitty shared his unique insight and vision to look ahead to the next decades of global health – identifying key areas that he sees as opportunities, and areas requiring more focus – in what was an inspiring and well-delivered lecture.
He complemented the Usher Institute on the huge portfolio of work in the global health arena – as exemplified by the excellent speakers at the Global Health Symposium before the lecture.
Global Health Symposium
The programme included
- WHO Collaborating Centre for Population Health Research & Training: Professor Igor Rudan
- Global Health Academy: Professor Liz Grant
- Edinburgh Migration, Ethnicity and Health Research Group: Professor Laurence Gruer
- NIHR Global Health Research Uni on Respiratory Health (RESPIRE) at the University of Edinburgh: Professor Harry Campbell
- NIHR Gobal Health Research Unit Tackling Infections to Benefit Africa (TIBA): Professor Mark Woolhouse
- NIHR Global Health Research Unit on Global Surgery (GlobalSurg): Dr Ewen Harrison
- RESCEU: Professor Harish Nair
- Global Health Governance Programme: Professor Devi Sridhar
If you missed the lecture – or indeed would like to revisit it – you can find it online via YouTube.
Thanks to all our speakers and poster presenters – but especially Professor Chris Whitty for a truly impressive, motivating afternoon.