The Molecular Epidemiology (MolEpi) Group is a cross-centre Research Group based primarily in the Usher Institute.
We constitute a group of epidemiologists, geneticists, statisticians and population health specialists interested in:
- exchange of knowledge and ideas,
- collaboration within and outside the group,
- identification and characterisation of environmental and genetic risk factors in humans that are:
- identified at the molecular level,
- using interdisciplinary approach,
- contributing to prediction, aetiology and pathogenesis of complex diseases.
Our main focus is on vascular disease, cancer, diabetes and ageing.