Watch our webinar
On 22 September 2022, members of the DaC-VaP-2 team came together to deliver a webinar discussing the project's commitment to PPI, the national data assets involved and how they can be accessed, how the team developed their UK-wide analyses as well as international partnerships.
National Data Assets & Opportunities for Collaboration across the UK Nations and Beyond
The recording for this 50 minute webinar has been edited so that each presentation features in its own stand-alone clip. Each video is between 2 to 8 minutes long.
|Part 1: Introducing DaC-VaP-2||Professor Sir Aziz Sheikh||Providing background on the DaC-VaP-2 project|
|Part 2: Patient and Public Involvement||Jill Beggs||Discussing how patient and public voices were used to help shape the work carried out by the DaC-VaP-2 team|
|Part 3: Data Infrastructure in England - RCGP Research and Surveillance Centre||Dr Simon de Lusignan||Provides an overview of the Royal College of General Practitioner's Research and Surveillance Centre (RCGP's RSC), the national data asset for England utlised by the DaC-VaP-2 team.|
|Part 4: Data Infrastructure in Scotland - EAVE II||Dr Steven Kerr||Provides an overview of the EAVE II project, DaC-VaP-2's national data asset in Scotland.|
|Part 5: Data Infrastructure in Wales - SAIL Databank||Stuart Bedston||Provides an overview of the SAIL Databank, Wale's primary national data resource.|
|Part 6: Data Infrastructure in Northern Ireland - Honest Broker Service||Dr Declan Bradley||Provides an overview of the COVID-19 research data infrastructure in Northern Ireland.|
|Part 7: Developing UK-wide Analyses||Professor Chris Robertson||Explains the practicalities behind how the DaC-VaP-2 team went about conducting pooled, UK-wide analyses.|
|Part 8: International Partnerships||Tristan Millington||Explains some of the work done with international partners in Brazil looking into the effectiveness and waning of the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine in children and young people.|
|Part 9: Accessing Data Assets||Professor Jenni Quint||Provides a summary overview of how other research can go about requesting access / to work with the national data assets mentioned earlier.|
|Part 10: Funders insights, future directions and closing comments||Lara Edwards & Professor Sir Aziz Sheikh||Gives final insights and comments about the work achieved by the DaC-VaP-2 team, and the need to maintain the maturity of these data assets post-pandemic.|
Part 1: Introducing DaC-VaP-2
- Video: Introducing DaC-VaP-2
- Professor Sir Aziz Sheikh opens the webinar and introduces the DaC-VaP-2 project: who they are, what their goals were and what they've achieved.
Part 2: Patient and Public Involvement
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: PPI
- DaC-VaP-2's Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) Co-Lead Jill Beggs discusses how patient and public voices helped to shape DaC-VaP-2's research and communications.
Part 3: Data Infrastructure in England - RCGP Research and Surveillance Centre
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: England: RCGP Research and Surveillance Centre
- In part 3 of our webinar, Dr Simon de Lusignan (University of Oxford) tells us a little bit about the Royal College of General Practitioner's (RCGP's) Research and Surveillance Centre (RSC), one of Europe's oldest general practice sentinel networks.
Part 4: Data Infrastructure in Scotland - EAVE II
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 Webinar: Scotland: EAVE II
- In part 4 of our webinar, Dr Steven Kerr gives us an overview of the EAVE II project, the initiative in Scotland that has been used to track COVID-19 and the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines throughout the pandemic.
Part 5: Data Infrastructure in Wales - SAIL Databank
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 Webinar: Wales: SAIL Databank
- In part 5 of our webinar, Stuart Bedston (Swansea University) gives an overview of SAIL Databank in Wales, one of the worlds richest population infrastructures in the world.
Part 6: Data Infrastructure in Northern Ireland - Honest Broker Service
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: Northern Ireland
- In part 6 of our webinar, Dr Declan Bradley (Queen's University Belfast) gives an overview of the COVID-19 research data infrastructure utilised for the DaC-VaP and DaC-VaP-2 projects.
Part 7: Developing UK-wide Analyses
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: Developing Analyses
- In part 7 of our webinar, Professor Chris Robertson (University of Strathclyde and Public Health Scotland) tells us the practical steps used in DaC-VaP-2 to coordinate UK-wide analyses.
Part 8: International Partnerships
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: International Partnerships
- In part 8 of our webinar, Dr Tristan Millington (University of Edinburgh) tells us about an ongoing partnership between DaC-VaP-2 and researchers at the VigiVac project, part of Fiocruz, aka the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation in Brazil.
Part 9: Accessing Data Assets
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: Accessing Data Assets
- In part 9 of our webinar, Professor Jenni Quint (Imperial College London), gives some insight into how you can go about requesting access to the data assets mentioned by our previous speakers. These data assets are: - RCGP Research and Surveillance Centre (England) - EAVE II (Scotland) - SAIL Databank (Wales) - Honest Broker Service (Northern Ireland)
Part 10: Funders insights, future directions and closing comments
- Video: DaC-VaP-2 webinar: Funder's insights, future directions and closing comments
- In the 10th and final segment of our webinar, Lara Edwards, a Senior Programme Manager at Health Data Research UK (@HDR UK ) provides some insights into the value and impact of the DaC-VaP-2 project. Along the way, Lara also touches on some of the wider issues facing both the National Core Studies initiative, as well as the health data research community as a whole. Our webinar chair and DaC-VaP-2 Principal Investigator, Professor Sir Aziz Sheikh from the University of Edinburgh, then provides some final thoughts and closing comments.