December 2020 Covid update
Latest commentary and research relating to the pandemic
- Reiko Kanazawa wrote an essay on 'Power Critiques in an Echo Chamber? Why Global AIDS Historiography Matters for COVID-19, and Vice Versa'
- Julia Swallow co-wrote a paper with colleagues 'Cancer, Covid-19, and the need for critique'
- Ruby Reed-Berendt is working on a NIHR funded study aiming to explore if, how and why ethnicity impacts covid-19 outcomes in healthcare workers
- Martyn Pickersgill wrote a letter to the Guardian making the case for a high-profile social science lead to support the vaccine roll-out
- Ellen Stewart and Sonja Erikainen wrote an article about DIY coronavirus responses
- Martyn Pickersgill was a co-signatory to a letter to the Lancet stating that 'The UK needs a sustainable strategy for COVID-19'
- Catherine Montgomery released the findings of the CLAP study looking at Caring, Learning and Pandemic response during COVID-19: NHS Staff Experience of Working in Critical Care
- Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra was on the news discussing the ethical implications around vaccine allocation