Covid-19 Round-up May 2020
Our work and commentary relating to coronavirus
- Lukas Engelmann gave a webinar 'Pandemic Nowcasting: on the blind spots of covering covid-19 in real time' as part of Edinburgh Infectious Diseases Edinburgh Responds series.
- Agomoni Ganguli Mitra talks about how pandemics increase existing inequalities in societies in an interview with Katrien Devolder as part of the Thinking Out Loud video series
- Devi Sridhar was on the Channel 4 News discussing the proposed contact tracing operation
- Agomoni Ganguli Mitra explains why social justice should be at the core of medical and public health responses in a blog post.
- Devi Sridhar argues that over-reliance on modelling leads to missteps and blind spots in our response in a BMJ Editorial piece.
- Agomoni Ganguli Mitra has joined the Ethics Group of the German Public Health Covid-19 Network and they have released a policy brief.
- Catherine Montgomery and Lukas Engelmann wrote the piece Epidemiological Publics? On the Domestication of Modelling in the era of COVID-19 on Somatosphere
- Ingrid Young , Nicola Boydell and colleagues raise questions around SRHR and social justice in relation to COVID and highlight available resources about the impact of COVID by partner organisations as part of an IRESH (Interdisciplinary Research in Sexual Health Network) series of blogs about COVID-19 and sexual and reproductive health.
- Nicola Boydell co-wrote a blog post about decisions about home abortion and covid-19
- Becky Hewer argues that covid-19 exposes the falsity of our social hierarchies in a blog post The Illumination of a Pandemic