Our impact towards creating a transformed applied asthma research culture and environment
The Centre's goals involve creating outcomes that will transform the applied asthma research culture and environment in the UK to improve the health, wellbeing, and quality of life of people living with asthma. These outcomes include:
- Increased awareness of the value of asthma research
- Increased sharing of methods and knowledge
- Increased research collaborations across the Centre and beyond
- Asthma research being brought into public interest
- Increased public engagement, trust, and confidence in research
- Increased funding for asthma research
Theory of Change approach
The Theory of Change approach is a methodology which links what we do (Our inputs) to our intended outcomes. It enables us to define our long-term goals and then maps our key actions to achieve those goals. In the process of achieving the Centre’s goals, we hope to create wider social, clinical, and personal impacts.
Our graphic outlines the five strands of work where the Centre is focussing its actions towards impact: Core Infrastructure, Postgraduate Training, Patient and Public Involvement, High Quality Research, and Systems for Engagement. These five pillars produce outputs which create outcomes and impact from the Centre.
View our graphic in full in a PDF format:
Our actions towards impact
The pages below outline the work we are doing towards impact.