Our vision, people, training and methodological development, governance and core funding
The Asthma UK Centre for Applied Research is at the forefront of research making a real difference to the lives of those affected by asthma. Our vision is a world where asthma attacks do not happen.
The Centre includes:
- internationally respected clinicians and academics from all four UK nations,
- a vibrant Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) group led by our volunteer patient leads,
- our students: the next generation of leaders in world-class asthma research,
- experts in methodology: making sure that the research we do is completed efficiently and to the highest possible standards,
- a wide network of affiliated institutions and organisations,
- an international advisory board: a multi-disciplinary panel of leading asthma and primary care researchers who provide strategic advice and oversight for the Centre.
Vision and strategy
A world where asthma attacks do not happen
Working together across the UK - find out who is who in our leadership team, our students and core staff
Find out about our extensive network and members
Training the next generation of leaders in applied asthma research
Supporting and driving forward excellence in research methodology
We are committed to open and transparent governance of the work in the Centre. We have a Centre Management Committee and an International Advisory Board.