Our vision, people, training and methodological development, governance and core funding
The Asthma UK Centre for Applied Research is at the forefront of research making a real difference to the lives of those affected by asthma. Our vision is a world where asthma attacks do not happen.
The Centre includes:
- internationally respected clinicians and academics from all four UK nations,
- a vibrant Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) group led by our volunteer patient leads,
- our students: the next generation of leaders in world-class asthma research,
- experts in methodology: making sure that the research we do is completed efficiently and to the highest possible standards,
- a wide network of affiliated institutions and organisations,
- an international advisory board: a multi-disciplinary panel of leading asthma and primary care researchers who provide strategic advice and oversight for the Centre.