Dr Nazir Lone
Nazir Lone is a Senior Clinical Lecturer in Critical Care and Honorary Consultant in Critical Care at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
Current Research Interests
My programme of research focuses on health services research and health care quality improvement for acutely ill patients. My research aims to directly improve the quality of care for patients before, during and after an episode of critical illness through rigorously conducted research and engagement with key stakeholders. I have a particular research interest in epidemiological methods and using linked 'big' data.
- Examiner, MBChB
- MBChB Evidence Based Medicine theme lead
- Contributor to Year 6 MBChB Medicine clinical modules
- Contributor to BMedSci in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Course organiser, MPH: Advanced Epidemiology
- Course organiser, MSc in Data Science, Technology and Innovation: Research proposal
- Director, Edinburgh Critical Care Research Methods Course
- PhD, MD, MPH and BSc supervision
- Academic Clinical Fellow supervision
2015 onwards Deputy Director of Research, Intensive Care Society
2015 onwards Member of Intensive Care Society Research Committee
2019 onwards Chair, Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group