Workshop on Fibreoptic Intubation
This intensive workshop on fibreoptic intubation is organised by the Department of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 20st & 21nd April 2016.
The programme will include:
- Basics of the construction, care, cleaning and maintenance of fibreoptic equipment
- Assessment and general management of the difficult airway
- Applied anatomy of the airway and local anaesthetic techniques
- Mannikin airway endoscopy and intubation training with supervised and individual practice sessions
- Bronchoscopy in thoracic anaesthesia
- Hands-on training on anaesthetised patients
- Use of the fibreoptic scope with the intubating laryngeal mask airway
- Training with and without the use of video equipment
- Recommended reference and reading list to be sent out to participants before attending the course
- Abstracts of seminars presented during the workshop
- Dinner on the evening of 20 April 2016
The workshop is limited to a maximum of ten places which will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis - we do hope you will be able to join us. In order to meet the demand for these practical workshops it is intended to continue to hold them on a regular basis.
- Dr Alistair Milne
- Dr Kate Theodosiou
This meeting has been recognised for 10 CEPD points.