Find out more about advanced care at our online launch
We will be holding an online launch for the Advanced Care Research Centre (ACRC) on Wednesday 3rd November, 9.30am-11.30am. There will also be satellite seminars on key topics in the afternoon and following days.
The ACRC has been up and running since the start of 2021, undertaking research to improve the understanding of care in later life to revolutionise how it is delivered; and COVID-19 has highlighted the need for major change in how society provides social care.
Keynote speakers include:
- Bruce Guthrie, Director of the ACRC;
- Nigel Wilson, Group Chief Executive, Legal & General;
- Liz Jones, Policy Director, National Care Forum (NCF); and
- Stewart Mercer, Professor of Primary Care and Multimorbidity.
There are a number of seminars to attend:
- COVID-19 in social care – 1-3pm, Wed 3rd November
- Seminar on dementia – 1-3pm, Wed 3rd November
- Importance of ‘place’ – Date & time TBC
- Insights from data, 9.30-11.30am, Fri 5th November
- Seminar on multimorbidity, 1-3pm, Mon 8th November
- Collaborative / co-design approaches to (qualitative) evidence building - 1-3pm, Wed 10th November
Given our core principle is that the person in later life is at the heart of everything we do, there will be people with lived experience of later life involved in the launch event and seminars.
This is an opportunity to find out more about the work of the ACRC and developments in relevant issues, and participate in discussions. Do join us for this special event. You can register to attend the main launch and the satellite seminars here.