About Acute Care Edinburgh
Acute Care Edinburgh is a new cross cutting initiative that will be hosted in the Usher Institute, within the Centre for Population Health Sciences. The group aims to bring together clinicians and researchers across multiple specialties and disciplines to generate novel clinical, health services, and translational research in relation to any acute illness.
Professor Tim Walsh and Dr Alasdair Gray Introduce Acute Care Edinburgh
To create a world class cross cutting integrated research centre focussed on improving outcomes from acute illness, whatever its cause.
- Edinburgh researchers to trial salt water solution to treat Covid-19
- Stroke found to be Covid-19’s most common neurological complication
- Obesity, Chronic Kidney Disease and Liver Disease Associated with Increased Hospital Covid-19 Mortality
- Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group Report on Covid-19
- RECOVERY Trial Recruitment
- Rainbow Boxes
- PRIEST study
A-Z list of our members including research profiles.
Grants and collaborations
- Sepsis Related Mortality – preventable and attributable?
- Lung failure in the era of machines: What biology and physiology is there to learn?
- From functional genomics to experimental medicine in critical illness
- Animal Models in Acute Care Research
- Nutrition in Survivors of Critical Illness: A Canadian Perspective 27th August 2019
- Towards precision medicine in acute pancreatitis 29th August 2019
- Alcohol-related liver disease in the ICU: using data to inform decision-making Monday 22nd July
- Assessment and management of delirium and Outcomes of delirium 26 June 2019
- SICS education meeting 9th September 2019
- Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in Scotland – between a ROC and a hard place
- Optimizing the diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism
- Understanding why trials in critical care work (or not): the role of process evaluation
- Alcohol-related liver disease in the ICU: using data to inform decision-making
- Blood transfusion in acute care: are we ready for personalised medicine?
- Improving the care of patients with organophosphorus insecticide self-poisoning
- A novel diagnostic for pneumonia-the challenges of developing diagnostic tests into practice
- KidsBrainIT & IMPACT-ACE: Panning the data stream for gold