About Acute Care Edinburgh
Acute Care Edinburgh is a new cross cutting initiative that will be hosted in the Usher Institute, within the Centre for Population Health Sciences. The group aims to bring together clinicians and researchers across multiple specialties and disciplines to generate novel clinical, health services, and translational research in relation to any acute illness.
Professor Tim Walsh and Dr Alasdair Gray Introduce Acute Care Edinburgh
To create a world class cross cutting integrated research centre focussed on improving outcomes from acute illness, whatever its cause.
- Intensive Care Sedation with dexmedetomidine, when and why?
- Research Preview 2023
- Welcoming Professor Manu Shankar-Hari to the ACE Community
- Data Science Fellowships in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- The Long Covid Project
- Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group report on COVID-19 March 2022
- Whole genome sequencing reveals host factors underlying critical Covid-19
- TRAITS programme Professor Manu Shankar-Hari
- Special Skills Year in Education
- Professor Kenneth Baillie Receives Pride of Scotland Award
A-Z list of our members including research profiles.
Grants and collaborations
- Intensive Care Sedation with dexmedetomidine, when and why? 8th June 2023
- Getting CONNECTED with their medicines: Dr Richard Bourne
- Scratching the surface of treatment for shock Dr Hannah Wunsch 13th May 2022
- Sepsis Related Mortality – preventable and attributable?
- Lung failure in the era of machines: What biology and physiology is there to learn?
- From functional genomics to experimental medicine in critical illness
- Animal Models in Acute Care Research
- Optimizing the diagnosis of acute pulmonary embolism
- Understanding why trials in critical care work (or not): the role of process evaluation
- Alcohol-related liver disease in the ICU: using data to inform decision-making
- Blood transfusion in acute care: are we ready for personalised medicine?
- Improving the care of patients with organophosphorus insecticide self-poisoning
- A novel diagnostic for pneumonia-the challenges of developing diagnostic tests into practice
- KidsBrainIT & IMPACT-ACE: Panning the data stream for gold