WHO Collaborating Centre
The Centre for Population Health Sciences is a WHO Collaborating Centre (WHOCC) on Population Health Research and Training.
As such, we aim to
- assist WHO in the development and appropriate application of research priority setting methodology
- assist WHO in the development and appropriate application of methodology and tools to assess impact of health interventions
- assist WHO in the development of estimates of health burden and disease epidemiology
- assist WHO in the design and conduct and evaluation of research studies relating to child health
- assist WHO in the training of young scientists from low- and middle-income countries in child health epidemiology and in research priority setting and equity assessment of intervention strategies