Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Usher Institute seeks to foster an inclusive, fair, respectful culture and a welcoming environment in which all staff and students can flourish.
Everyone should be able to develop to their full potential and enjoy a safe and supportive workplace, regardless of any personal characteristic including but not limited to: sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, socio-economic background, trade union membership, family circumstances, and religious or philosophical belief.
The Usher Institute Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (E,D&I) Committee aims to promote and foster the mainstreaming of equality and diversity issues and awareness within the Institute – stimulating and building good practice in relation to ED&I across the full range of Usher activities.
- Dr Katie Atkins, Chancellor’s Fellow, Centre for Global Health
- Dr Kathrin Cresswell, Chancellor’s Fellow, Centre for Medical Informatics
- Dr Gwenetta Curry, Lecturer of Race, Ethnicity and Health, Centre for Population Health Sciences
- Afshan Dean, Programme Manager, MSc in Clinical Trials
- Dr Helen Eborall, Lecturer in Critical Public Health, Centre for Population Health Sciences
- Professor Ewen Harrison, Head of Centre for Medical Informatics
- Lewis Hazlett, HR Administration Assistant
- Sharon Levy, CPD Lead, Data Driven Innovation Talent Team
- Julie MacMillan, HR Co-Ordinator
- Professor Stewart Mercer, Centre for Population Health Sciences, UoE Medical School Athena SWAN Convenor
- Sara Murphy, MVM HR Partner
- Alex Peden, Research Strategy Manager
- Dr Ingrid Young, Chair of the committee, Chancellor’s Fellow, Centre for Biomedicine, Self & Society
Full details of the Usher Institute Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) Committee - on the University Committees website
Alex Peden and Dr Ingrid Young represent the Usher ED&I Committee at the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine ED&I Committee, Professor Stewart Mercer is an Athena SWAN Convenor and sits on the Athena Swan Steering Group.
University of Edinburgh Equality, Diversity and Inclusion website
Edinburgh Clinical Medical School - Athena Swan website
Dignity and Respect Advisors
The University has nominated Dignity and Respect Advisors for individual support relating to bullying and harassment issues.
Dignity and Respect Advisors - University of Edinburgh Equality, Diversity and Inclusion website