Research Waste/EQUATOR Conference
Conference on increasing value and reducing waste in biomedical research. In association with REWARD (Reduce Research Waste and Reward Diligence) and EQUATOR (Enhancing the Quality and Transparency of Health Research).
This conference is being organised locally by CCBS researchers Prof Rustam Al-Shahi Salman and Prof Malcolm Macleod, with Mrs Judi Clarke.
It will be of great interest to: health research scientists and clinicians, journal editors and peer reviewers, publishers, regulators, research funders and other professionals involved in research education, research governance and the publication of medical research.
Focus of the conference
- Combine EQUATOR and REWARD themes in one conference
- Recap The Lancet Research Waste series findings and recommendations
- Review the progress made by researchers, funders, regulators, publishers, industry, and research users against Research Waste series recommendations
- Bring out specific themes for making research better and more efficient, e.g.: collaboration between researchers, funders, conduct/reporting organisations, regulatory authorities and publishers; specific perspectives of each of these groups of key players.
- Derive a consensus statement and action plan for making progress against Research Waste series recommendations, after presentations and a constructive moderated discussion
- Seek endorsement for the consensus statement
Monday 28 September 2015, 9.00am
Wednesday 30 September 2015, 5.00pm