Education Act 1994
The 1994 Education Act (Section 22) requires University Court, the governing body of the University, to ensure that the Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA) operates in a fair and democratic manner and is accountable for its finances.
This Code of Practice sets out how the University will carry out its responsibilities under the Act and covers areas such as:
- The right of students to opt out of membership;
- EUSA's democratic processes;
- EUSA's financial and resource allocation mechanisms;
- Affiliations by EUSA to external organisations; and
- The implications of Charity Law on the activities that EUSA can undertake.