Applying for the loan
How to apply for the interest free public transport loan.
There are two forms to fill in to apply for the interest free public transport loan:
- Transport Provider’s own application form
- University of Edinburgh Transport Loan application form
To apply for the interest free public transport loan, please follow the following steps:
1. Contact the transport/ticket provider to determine the cost of your season ticket and use this information to complete the transport providers own application form. See the table below for contact details of public transport providers.
|Public Transport Organisation||Travel mode||Contact|
|E & M Horsburgh||Bus||01506 432 251|
|First Edinburgh||Bus||0131663 9233|
|National Express East Coast||Train||08457 225 225|
|Munro's of Jedburgh||Bus||01835 862 253|
|National Express Ltd||Bus||08705 80 80 80|
|ScotRail||Train||08457 48 49 50|
|Scottish Citylink||Bus||08705 50 50 50|
|SEStrans One-ticket||Bus/train||0131 524 5150|
|Stagecoach Express||Bus||01592 642 394|
2. Complete the University of Edinburgh Transport Loan application form on-line or contact the Transport & Parking Office for one to be sent to you in the post.
3. Send or hand in the travel loan application form to the Transport & Parking Office.
4. You will be notified when the warrant cheque for rail providers or cheque - made payable to the transport provider for the appropriate amount - is available for collection from the Transport & Parking Office. On collection you will be required to show your University staff card as confirmation of your identity.
5. You will then use the warrant cheque/cheque to make your purchase of the annual season ticket.
6. The University will recover the cost of the ticket in 10 equal monthly instalments directly from your salary, normally commencing with effect from the first pay period after the start date of your season ticket.
* Please note that Lothian Buses provides an interest free direct debit scheme and staff should make use of the Lothian Buses scheme.
The start date of the season ticket should be two months (or one month for rail travel only) from the date of your application to allow adequate time for processing your application.