Park and Ride
There are bus and rail Park and Ride sites throughout Edinburgh.
Bus Park and Ride
Park and Ride sites provide:
- secure and free car parking - you only pay for your bus fare
- staffed terminal building with CCTV and toilet facilities
- regular and frequent buses
- use of bus only 'greenways' into Edinburgh City Centre, helping to reduce journey times
There are six bus based Park and Ride sites throughout Edinburgh. Five sites are operated by Lothian Buses. Ferrytoll Park and Ride also serves Edinburgh and is a joint venture between Fife Council and Stagecoach. These Park and Ride sites are located at the following places:
- Ingliston Park and Ride EH28 8LS
- Hermiston Park and Ride EH14 5PX
- Sheriffhall Park and Ride EH22 1FF
- Straiton Park and Ride EH20 9NW
- Wallyford Park and Ride EH21 8JX
- Ferrytoll Park and Ride KY11 1HN
More information on bus based Park and Ride serving Edinburgh is available from the following websites:
Rail Park and Ride
Newcraighall Park Ride (EH21 6TT) is on the eastern outskirts of Edinburgh, just off the A1 and is linked to rail service to Waverley, Haymarket and Edinburgh Park. Trains take just 11 minutes to reach city centre and run about every half hour. For more information, please see the Scotrail website.
Plan your journey
1. If you do not already know the address of the building you are going to, look at the University campus maps to find the postcode or street address of your destination.