Doctor Bike is a fully qualified bike mechanic from The Bike Station, who regularly visits the University to help fix minor bike problems and provide maintenance advice.
- a free bike safety inspection.
- fixing of minor problems on the spot (brakes, gear problems).
- a bike ‘MOT’ certificate to take to a bike shop for problems which cannot be fixed on the spot.
Doctor Bike Sessions are completely free to all staff and students (on production of a staff ID or student matriculation card) and are provided throughout the year across all of the main University sites.
NEW! 2019 Doctor Bike Timetable
|Tuesday 17th September||12.00 - 14.00||Central|
|Thursday 19th September||12.00 - 14.00||BioQuarter|
|Wednesday 25th September||15.00 - 17.00||Pleasance Gym|
|Thursday 26th September||12.00 - 14.00||King's Buildings|
- Central Area sessions are located outside the University Visitors Centre, near Potterrow.
- King's Buildings sessions are located outside the main entrance of the James Clerk Maxwell Building.
- BioQuarter sessions are located to the rear of the Chancellor's Building, next to the bike parking area.
- Western General Hospital sessions are located next to the Wellcome Trust Building in the small car park area (opposite the Anne Ferguson Building).
- Holyrood sessions are located in the Moray House Quad Area (accessed from St John's Street).
- Pollock Halls sessions are located at the entrance to the John McIntyre Centre
- Easter Bush Campus sessions are held in the Vet School Cycle Shelter.
- Pleasance Sport Complex and Gym sessions are located outside the main entrance on the left side of the car park.
- Edinburgh College of Art sessions are located at the Freeuse Hub, to the back of the Lauriston Fire Station.
- High School Yards sessions are held in the car park in front of the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation.
The University of Edinburgh Security Section often attend Dr Bike sessions to provide free bike security marking to University students and staff. At the sessions they also sell D-locks for £15.