Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions of Cycle to Work.
The bike and equipment will remain the property of the University of Edinburgh until the end of the 12 month hire period, when the University may seek to dispose of it at a fair market value. Therefore:
- you bear the entire risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the bike and equipment. If at any time during the hire agreement the equipment is lost, stolen or damaged to the point of no longer being usable for commuting, you will still be responsible for making any remaining payments. You are strongly advised to obtain insurance, which may be included in your home contents insurance.
- you must not hire out, profit from, sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the bike and equipment.
- you must not make alterations to the bike or take it out of the UK during the hire period.
- as Cycle to Work is a hire agreement you do not have legal title of ownership on the equipment.
- if you cease employment with the University before the end of the hire period, the outstanding balance will be deducted from your last net salary payment. This will mean that you lose any tax and National Insurance saving on any outstanding balance.
Before joining Cycle to Work you will be asked to read and agree to the detailed terms and conditions of the hire agreement. The hire agreement is available through the Cyclescheme website when you request a voucher.