Find out if you are eligible to join the Cycle to Work scheme.
There are a number of criteria staff must meet in order to be eligible to join:
- have contracts of employment that outlast the duration of 12 month salary sacrifice period.
- have a minimum of three months service with the University.
- pay tax via the PAYE system.
- not drop below the minimum wage once the loan repayment has been deducted.
- use the bicycle mainly for travelling to and from work at least 50% of the time it is in use, in order to benefit from the tax and National Insurance exemption. This can be a journey in whole, or in part, for example, to the train station, or between offices.
If you are unsure of your eligibility for the Cycle to Work scheme please contact the payroll office on 650 2277. They will be able to advise on the tax and National Insurance issues, particularly if you are already on Pensions+ or are a member of the childcare voucher scheme.