Take part in the Student Pathways
Students interested in learning more about social responsibility and sustainability issues can participate in new student pathways, an innovative model which encourages reflective learning.
The Student Pathways promote active student-led learning beyond students' main programmes of study, with opportunities for experiential learning on campus and in the community. Students participating in the pathways will develop their skills, knowledge and graduate attributes.
Interdisciplinary research and learning will be promoted through the pathways, providing students across the University, no matter what their degree, the opportunity to learn more about social responsibility and sustainability issues.
The Student Pathways for the 2019-20 academic year will focus on the Circular Economy, Climate Change and the Sustainable Development Goals. Students will develop their knowledge and communication skills, and will be provided with an opportunity to practically apply their learning.
Students who participate in the pathways will be recognised for their efforts through the University's Edinburgh Award, if they complete 50 hours worth of activity and reflective learning. The Student Pathways are open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students. Please note that places are limited.
Important dates for students
Students who wish to participate in the Student Pathways will be required to attend the following Edinburgh Award Sessions. Please note that Session 1 and Session 2 will be delivered twice to enable more students to attend.
Edinburgh Award Input Session 1
- 3pm - 4pm, Wednesday 9th October 2019 - Room G.06, 50 George Square
- 5pm - 6pm, Thursday 17th October 2019 - Room G.05, 50 George Square
- 4pm - 5pm, Thursday 24th October 2019 - Room G.01, 50 George Square
- 4pm - 5pm, Wednesday 30th October 2019 - Room G.01, 50 George Square
You can book to attend these sessions by clicking here.
You can download the self assessment and action plan form below.
Edinburgh Award Input Session 2
- 3pm - 4pm, Wednesday 15th January 2020 - Room LG.06, David Hume Tower
- 5pm - 6pm, Thursday 23rd January 2020 - Teaching Room 05, Old College
Edinburgh Award Input Session 3
- 3pm - 5pm, Wednesday 22nd April 2020 - Room G.01 (Classroom 1), High School Yards Teaching Centre
Dates of trainings and activities will be published when available below.
Sustainability Awards Student Auditor Training
- 2pm - 5pm, Wednesday 23rd October 2019 - Room 3.3, Lister Learning and Teaching Centre
You can book to attend this training by clicking here.
Register your interest
Please contact us with any questions.