Introduction to Sustainability
This online course explains what sustainability is, why it matters and suggests actions you can take to live, study and work in a more sustainable way.
The course is open to all staff and students at the University, and no prior knowledge of sustainability is required.
Lasting around an hour to an hour and a half, the course will look at:
- what sustainability means at the University of Edinburgh
- what sustainability is and key issues facing the world today
- four major areas in which the University is working on sustainability, namely operations, learning and teaching, research and partnerships
- finally, actions you can take to live, work and study more sustainably.
What you will get out of the course
- An introduction to the topic of sustainability;
- a toolkit with ways you can take action;
- and an understanding of what the University is doing to improve its environmental impact.
Contributing to sustainability initiatives is great for professional development and your CV.
How to use the course
We have deliberately made the course as interactive, accessible and adaptable as possible so that you can focus on the areas most of interest to you.
Complete the training on People and Money. This is a mandatory course for new staff.
Complete the training on Learn.
- Login to Learn using your normal University login details.
- Locate and click on the heading labeled "Essentials" in the left hand menu.
- Under the "Essentials" section, you should see our course listed.
- Click on the course listing and follow the provided instructions.
This training was formerly known as Be Sustainable.
We hope you enjoy this course; if you have any questions, please email us.