Principles for Responsible Investment
As a signatory of the UN-supported "Principles for Responsible Investment", the University reports its responsible investment progress annually.
Since January 2013, the University has been a signatory of the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment, known as the PRI.
The PRI is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It works:
- to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors;
- to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions.
Six Principles for Responsible Investment
The six Principles for Responsible Investment are a voluntary and aspirational set of investment principles that we follow to incorporate ESG issues into investment practice.
PRI's six Principles for Responsible Investment
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Note: Adoption of the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) is part of our commitment to the PRI. In 2018, the PRI introduced TCFD-aligned indicators to its Reporting Framework on a voluntary basis which we participated in. Other research and teaching activities at the University also connect to the recommendations of the TCFD.
PRI reports and updates
As a signatory, we report to the PRI annually on what progress we are making to invest more responsibly.
In addition to responsible investment, we report quarterly and annual on a whole range of Social and Civic Responsibility activities.