Fairtrade Fortnight 2022
The University is committed to promoting fair trade wherever possible, and works actively to combat human rights abuses in supply chains.
Fairtrade Fortnight 2022: Monday 21 February - Sunday 6 March
We have been a Fairtrade University since 2004 and are active in Edinburgh’s Fairtrade City Group. We supported Scotland’s bid to become a Fair Trade Nation, a status that was awarded in 2013. The theme for 2022 is 'choose the world you want', with a focus on the climate crisis.
Fairtrade Fortnight events
- Tuesday 22 March, Tony’s Chocolonely chocolate sample event, 12pm to 2pm (University of Edinburgh cafe, George Square, exact location TBC)
- Edinburgh Fairtrade City Group events
- Scottish Fairtrade Forum events.
- Choose the world you want festival (Fairtrade Foundation).
More ways to get involved
Change your background to a fair trade theme. Download backgrounds from the Fairtrade Foundation website.
- Share your vision for the world you want in the Fairtrade Foundation's virtual exhibition.
- Are you running your own event for Fairtrade Fortnight and want us to promote it? Get in touch.
- Become a Fairtrade University & College auditor, deadline of Sunday 20 March. Fill out the form and find out more.
Student group: Supply Chain Justice
This is a student-led group at the University of Edinburgh that tackles child labour in the supply chains of the cocoa industry.
Fairtrade Fortnight is an action-packed highlight of the year, when campaigners, businesses, schools and places of worship show their support for the farmers and workers who grow our food in developing countries.
Fair trade at the University
Find out more about what we are doing to ensure fair trade and protection of human rights at the University.
- Learn about fair trade products at the University, or for more detail visit the fairness in trade and sustainable procurement page.
- Learn about the conflict minerals that are in most electronics.
- Learn about what the University is doing about modern slavery by completing our training for staff and students.
- Read our modern slavery statement for more detail.
- Learn about the collaborative EU-funded project: 'Make ICT Fair'.
- More information and resources are available from the Fairtrade Foundation.